Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule Refresh not refreshing when logged out

Hello,

I actually have two issues with the Schedule Refresh and hope someone can advise:

1. I installed the Personal Gateway on a server as a local administrator and confirmed the connection worked properly as I hit the Refresh Now with successful refresh.  As soon as I logged off the server, I received email notices that the scheduled refresh was failing.  Documentation that i read stated that if the Gateway was installed under a local admin it would be installed as a service and not an application so the refreshes would continue after logging off.  Did I miss something here?

2. With the installation noted above, I could see the next scheduled refresh time showing properly but when that time came and passed, it never actually refreshed the data.  It only refreshed when I manually hit the Refresh Now button.  I saw another post about this issue from earlier this year and that it's a known issue and will be fixed, but that was back in July 2015.  Have there been any updates to this issue since then?  Not sure what the point of the Scheduled Refresh is if it doesn't actually refresh.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors