Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elopezma

Schedule Refresh missing for a composite model (AAS + Sharepoint Excel File)

We have a report which data source is a combination of data comming from Azure Analysis Services and an excel file on a sharepoint site.

We activated the DirectQuery to AAS in preview options to get both data sources in a mixed storage mode.

elopezma_0-1632761186372.png

However, when publishing to Power BI Service, the schedule refresh option is missing on the data set settings. 

elopezma_1-1632761365185.png

If all datasources were direct query this would totally make sense, however since we do have an excel file comming from a sharepoint site, the schedule refresh option is necessary.

Thanks for the help

4 REPLIES 4
jersey417
Helper I
Helper I

I'm seeing the same issues with a direct query to Snowflake and import with HANA. We're using Incremental refresh with the HANA connection. 

Snowflake is setup with a SSO connection and the HANA connection is through a gateway. 

vineeta_dahiya
Frequent Visitor

I am also facing similar issue where I have 3 different Datasource naming  Shared DataSet (using a DirectQuery) , one excel file from Sharepoint Folder and last one Table from Oracle Database. I need to put the refresh on Schedule but the opion is not available. 

Any Help here ! What could be the reason for this?

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

indeed that would be a normal spectation, but when using a composite model like this theres another behavior you need to take on account, some source as sharepoint/onedrive that are configured on the gateway to update, they do auto refresh on the composite model hourly, and around this behavior maybe its that the service isnt finding the need to give a refresh option on something that refresh automatically around the clock internally and a direct query mode that get data on request

hope this may give you some ideas or solve the problem and if it did, please let me know with some kudos 🙂 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

There is no gateway configured, under gateway connection there is a message stating there is no necessary as all data sources are in cloud, however the report does not auto update the data from excel, for now we have to manually hit refresh on the workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors