Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rommel_dvo
Regular Visitor

Schedule Refresh issue - connecting to Sharepoint Online list, OAuth2 not working

Good day.

I am having a problem in configuring Scheduled Refresh on my PowerBI report.

I have created the report in PowerBI Desktop, in which my data source is a Sharepoint Online List. I am a member of the Site Owners group of that site where the lists resides.  I have published that report to PowerBI Web and was able to view the report and publish / import it into my sharepoint page.

However, i am getting a problem when i configure the Data Source Credentials for the Scheduled refresh setting.

So when i select OAuth2, it prompts me to authenticate my account, which is already signed in.

oauth2 - office 365 authentication.PNG

But after selecting my account, i get this error.

powerbi oauth2 error.PNG

I read a similar question wherein someone got it working in Edge Browser, but for me it is not working. I tried Edge, IE 11 and Google chrome but no success.

Is this a concurrent issue..? is this issue still ongoing..?

Hope anyone can help me on this.

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Rommel Sudan

Sharepoint Analyst/Developer

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rommel_dvo,

I was not able to reproduce your issue. I can load data from SharePoint online list successfully in desktop. On Power BI service, when I select "OAuth2" option and sign in with my Office 365 account, it prompted that I have updated successfully. 

You could try some suggestions mentioned in below links to check whether they can resolve your problem:

Onedrive for Business - Can't login via Oauth2 to refresh

OData or sharepoint list oAuth2 authentication not working

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, 

I am still getting the same error. 

I even saved the powerbi file into the sharepoint document library. reconfigure the data source again, make it run on the powerBi desktop and PowerBI web. 

But i still i get stuck at the OAuth2 authentication, 

OAuth2error_jul192017.PNG

I do not know how to proceed. I see some youtube videos about this, and they don't have any problems setting this configuration. 

How should i proceed..? can someone walk me through on how to solve this..? 

Thank you for your help and support. 

Yours sincerely, 

Rommel Sudan

Hi @rommel_dvo,

If possible, could you create a support ticket at the bottom of this page to get further analysis?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors