Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule Refresh failure

Hello all,

My datasource is Sql Server Analysis Services. I have imported a fact table of approx 40 lakh rows. The pbix file size is 80mb. The schedule refresh for this dataset takes approx 20-25 mins.

Now, our data source is shifting to Azure Analysis Services and we have to create our reports/dashboards from that data source.

I created the new dataset from Azure Analysis Services. My requirement is such that I have to import the data and not connect live.

The issue that I'am facing is that when I schedule a refresh for this dataset it fails after 5 hours with the following error:

"The refresh operation failed because it took more than 120 minutes to complete. Consider reducing the size of your dataset or breaking it up into smaller datasets"

Also, the refresh works absolutely fine on the desktop.

I've been struggling with this for quite some time. Need urgent help.

Why is it that even after taking the same period as sql server analysis services in azure analysis services ,the refresh fails ?

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, refresh is not supported for Azure Analysis Service source import mode. Please use "Connect Live" and have a test. You can refer to a similar thread below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Azure-SSAS-tabular-refresh-issue/m-p/167878/highlight/false#M9886

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft,

Schedule refresh is supported for Azure Analysis Services source import mode. I have a smaller dataset from the same source and the refresh works fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone faced an issue like this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors