Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dniedrauer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Schedule Refresh Greyed Out

Capture.JPG

The sources are: (1) an Oracle database and (2) a SharePoint API and (3) it has always worked correctly until today and (4) I updated the on premises - personal data gateway to the latest version, but it didn't fix the issue and (5) refresh in the desktop version of the same dataset works fine. 

Previously, I was also getting the error: "The gateway operation has been cancelled explicitly by the user or from a timeout" when trying to refresh on demand. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, that wasn't the issue. I am still having trouble only with that one dashboard even though the others update fine and have the same credentials....

I found out that republishing it to the cloud fixed the problem. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JimJim
Helper V
Helper V

Old post I know but updating the data source credentials worked for me

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dniedrauer,

1. Maybe you need to update the credentials.Schedule Refresh Greyed Out.jpg

2. Why not try the On-premises Gateway? (not the personal mode).

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm not the one who makes purchasing decisions. 

The other one requires a Power BI Premium subscription I believe. Or something that cost money which we don't currently have. I forget whether it's premium or something else, but it's not something we have at this time. 

Hi @dniedrauer,

Did you update the credentials?

As far as I know, all the versions of Gateway are free to use. Give it a try anyway.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, that wasn't the issue. I am still having trouble only with that one dashboard even though the others update fine and have the same credentials....

I found out that republishing it to the cloud fixed the problem. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors