Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adityapv
Helper II
Helper II

Schedule Refresh Failure in Power bi Service

Hi Every one,i am facing schedule refresh failure in power bi service.please find the attached image.how to avoid this.

1.Intially data model size is 589MB,after deleting unwanted columns it reduced to 400MB.

2.Is the issue because of single table visual which i created in report? please respond TIA.
Refresh failure.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adityapv ,

400MB is compressed size for a pbix file, when you refresh from Service, its actual is more than 400 MB.  The maximum size for datasets imported into the Power BI service is 1 GB. These datasets are heavily compressed to ensure high performance. In addition, in shared capacity, the service places a limit on the amount of uncompressed data that is processed during refresh to 10 GB. This limit accounts for the compression, and therefore is much higher than 1 GB. Datasets in Power BI Premium are not subject to this limit. 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @adityapv 

The message is close to saying that the limit of the worspace 10GB is exceeded and you might need a workspace with premium capacity. Try to publish the report into another workspace and use the Gateway to refresh it. I am guessing it should work.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

rakesh_js
Frequent Visitor

RJ251997
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @adityapv ,

frist you can reinstall the gatway and 

removed the report, renamed it and Published it again and so  reports are being refreshed without any issues so far.

Thank 

Rohit 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors