Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hello789567
Advocate I
Advocate I

Schedule Refresh, Data in Tables and Charts Disappearing

I built a Contest report for our SDR team and I am having an issue after schedule refresh has completed.

I built the report in Desktop, and my data is coming from SalesForce Object "Tasks". When I refresh the desktop everything works and looks great. I then upload to the powerbi service and everything still looks good. I set up scheduled refresh and after it completes, all tables and charts that used the "Tasks" data are now blank (Even when I wait a couple hours to see if it was a matter of time). The only way I can get the report to show correctly again is to refresh desktop, and upload it again.

I have been testing this out several times and its always the same results. After schedule refresh completes the tables and charts are blank. I have looked at other peoples posts and can not find a solution. All credentials are correct, and I have other reports using Salesforce objects that refresh just fine and don't lose anything. Below are some screen shots. Please help!

Side Note: I have a onedrive excel file connected as well.

Desktop After Refresh:
image.png

Schedule Refresh Showing Completed:
image.png
Report after Schedule Refresh Completes:

*You can also see that no filters are applied as I have hit the "Reset to Default" to check.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hello789567
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sorry for late reply, I ended up rebuilding it a couple times and for some reason it works now!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hello789567
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sorry for late reply, I ended up rebuilding it a couple times and for some reason it works now!

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hello789567,

Could you please enter the refresh button in the service to see if the report could show normally?

1.PNG
And if it still could not work, please download the pbix from the service and open it in the desktop to see if the report is normal.

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-danhe-msft

Thank you for getting back to me, I tried both options and they both came back as blank. I was messing around with my data in desktop, editing the query in different ways to see if one of my steps was causing the issue an the only step that had an impact was using the option of "Remove other columns" (This is the current set up). I removed this step and then tried leaving the extra column and deleting one by one and both of those caused an error.(Screen shot below) All columns do exsist. I even took it a step farther and made a new test report with the same data sources to rule out it being that one pwbi file.image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors