Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jessicaf31
Helper I
Helper I

Schedule Data Refresh Issues - Power BI desktop

Hi everyone,

I have manually refreshed successfully a set of data  (in green in the screenshot) but when I want to schedule the Data Refresh, it is written (in French sorry) that the last refresh failed ("Echec de la dernière actualisation") with explaination "The credential stored in the cloud is missing".

I already saw the solution proposed here

Solution: In Power BI, go to the refresh settings for a dataset. In Manage Data Sources, for any data source with an error, click Edit credentials and sign in to the data source again.

But I can't see where are the refresh settings for a dataset, neither "Manage Data Sources" !! Smiley Frustrated

Help ! Smiley Very Happy

powerbirefresh.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Mykhael
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hello Jessicaf31,

That issue happend to me three weeks ago with a report using an Azure Microsoft Server source, the way I fixed it was removing the data set, and upload it again.

But I recommend you to check if everything is fine with you data server source, and if you created your report in Power BI desktop check the credential over there first, if everything is OK, then you can upload it... Let me know if this works for you please... I am checking more information about.

Best

Miguel

@Mykhael Thanks for your answer !

I have removed the data set and upload it again, I don't have the error anymore, but neither can i click on "identification information of the data source" ! why ? 🙂

powerbirefresh2.PNG

I see, OK the second step is chek your gateway on your computer, please go into your control panel, then select programs, and delete the power BI gateway, then install it again. After doing that open the Power BI gateway and log in.

Sometimes that issue is produced by your Computer Gateway, let me know if works... I will be checking this conversation. You can dowload the Power BI gateway here Follow this link

Best

@Mykhael I have done exactly what you told me to do...

but the row is still in grey... 😞 

powerbirefresh2.PNG

No worries @jessicaf31, What is the sourse of your data?, Is an excel file the source of this report?, I need that information to understand why you are recieving this error.

@Mykhael No, it is OData feed

Hi @jessicaf31,

I found some information about it,

Power BI Desktop file with data from an OData feed

In this case, you use Get Data in Power BI Desktop to connect to and import census data from an OData feed. You create several reports in Power BI Desktop, then name the file WACensus and save it on a share in your company. You then publish the file to your Power BI Site. In this case, you can manually refresh the data in the WACensus dataset or setup a refresh schedule. Because the data in the data source comes from an OData feed online, you do not need to install a Power BI Personal Gateway, but you will need to go into the WACensus dataset’s settings and sign in to the OData data source. You can then setup a refresh schedule so Power BI automatically connects to the OData feed and gets updated data. Your reports and dashboards will also be updated automatically. Link here

Limitations in OData feeds exposed by Power BI’s Data Management Gateway

Some users encountered confusion about when to use OData feeds with Power BI’s cloud data refresh, since SQL data sources against the Data Management Gateway (DMG) feature of Power BI allow exposing the data source as an OData feed directly. Link here

Let me know if this is helpful for you, if is not, I recommend to open a ticket to the power BI team and they can assist you. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

@Mykhael thanks again 🙂

I have done all the first part, but the last row "You can then setup a refresh schedule so Power BI automatically connects to the OData feed and gets updated data. Your reports and dashboards will also be updated automatically", that is my issue 🙂

@jessicaf31 You are very welcome,

I am still finding some extra information about your case, what I know that issue happen time to time, and MAYBE the new Power BI update changed some things, I really recommend you to open a ticked to solve the problem you are having. If you can refresh your data manually but cannot schedule data refresh, it's not normal. Anyways, in this point is as far as I can help you. But I will let you know if I get more information.

Best

@Mykhael ok !! thanks a lot for your help !

You are very welcome @jessicaf31.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors