Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

miquelmartorell
Advocate II
Advocate II

Scatter Graph - Table - Find Clusters Automatically field does not work in PowerBI Service

Hi all,

in PowerBI Desktop I have created some scatter plots across two measures and one dimension. I then used the "Find clusters automatically" option and added the resulting field to the "Legend" option of the scatterplot. No problem:

miquelmartorell_0-1660555744020.png

I also added this same information in Table format. No problem:

miquelmartorell_1-1660555896145.png

The problem comes when I want to visualise this information when I publish the report in PowerBI Service, I get the following error:

Unable to load data for this visual object.

The query referenced column 'DIM_CUSTOMER'[AGE (clusters)] which depends on another column, relationship or measure that is not in a valid state. Additional information: ''.

Try again later or contact technical support. Please provide these details if you contact them.

Activity Identifier: 55a55f2d-f5f0-4408-b8af-99cb740202ee
Application ID: d611b50e-c7f6-f396-3de9-96e9b56b8b70
Correlation ID: ad3363ce-6b18-e606-975f-266ba5771392
Time: Mon Aug 15 2022 11:15:13 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Service version: 13.0.18848.49
Client version: 2208.2.12691-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-europe-b-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

miquelmartorell_2-1660556293186.png

This is my model, do you have a solution?

miquelmartorell_3-1660556432166.png

Thank you very much for your dedication and time.

Kind regards.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @miquelmartorell ,

Has your problem been solved? If solved, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Good morning,

the problem persists to this day. I have tried the solutions that you have given me in the previous post (change the integer value type to decimal), update Power BI Desktop to the latest version...

The data types are the correct ones for each column of the dataset.

It is desperate to see how in Power BI Desktop everything works correctly but when loading it in Power BI Service it does not work because of an "error" that is not really a "human error".

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @miquelmartorell ,

This error may be caused if the column type of [AGE(clusters)] couldn't be understood by your web system.

Check the type of this column.

Please check the version of your Power BI desktop, if it is not the latest verison, update it and publish your report again.

I found two posts which has the same issue like yours, I hope it could help you.

Solved: The query referenced column ****** which depends o... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Issue With Scatter Chart Visual (Query Referenced ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors