Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Says needs Permissions to a Data Set for a report but permissions are given

Hello, I have a report in my workspace that I have shared with a user.  This report has Organizational RLS and access was granted to the data set and report online.  However, everytime this user tries to access the report she is told she doesn't have access to it.  Please help.  

I have removed the report and data set and added them back. I have removed the user and added her back.  Any thoughts? 

Does she have to have a pro license or something?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Anonymous Any report you share with someone in the Service would require the end user to have a Pro license, or be covered by a premium license.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer is this a recent change?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous Any report you share with someone in the Service would require the end user to have a Pro license, or be covered by a premium license.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

That didn't work. All of my users have Pro licenses. The datasets with the original reports are in one workspace and copies were sent to the workspaces the users have access to. But they're still getting the no permissions warning. Do I haveto make them members of the origin workspace too? that defeats the purpose.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer is this a recent change?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors