cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Save report into My worspace

I have created a report using a data set on Power Bi services in a "DEV" workspace,. I want to save that report under "My workspace " not in "DEV". Is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ethanhunt123 ,

You have a fewoptions if you are not using the desktop.  You can start your report in the My Workspace using the dataset in the the Dev Workspace (assuming permissions are letting you do that).  Or, you can copy the dataset from that workspace to yours and then start the report.  Or, you could copy the report to the other workspace.  And, I am assuming that you are using the new workspace and not the classic workspace.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Ethanhunt123,

If you direct create a new report to get dat from another workspace, it is impossible to publish it to other workspace.
I'd like to suggest you download the pbix file and modify and publish it to your workspace.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Ethanhunt123 ,

If you are signed into Power BI Desktop with the same userid that you are signed into the Service then this is not a problem.  When you select "Publish" in Desktop, select "My Workspace" instead of "Dev".

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

@collinq  I am creating a report from dataset within services and when I hit save option it will save that within that workspace only. I want to save that in "my workspace".

I am not using desktop anywhere

Hi @Ethanhunt123 ,

You have a fewoptions if you are not using the desktop.  You can start your report in the My Workspace using the dataset in the the Dev Workspace (assuming permissions are letting you do that).  Or, you can copy the dataset from that workspace to yours and then start the report.  Or, you could copy the report to the other workspace.  And, I am assuming that you are using the new workspace and not the classic workspace.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Happy New Year from Power BI

This is a must watch for a message from Power BI!

December Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2020 Updates!

Community Blog

Check it Out!

Click here to read the latest blog and learn more about contributing to the Power BI blog!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors