Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ethanhunt123
Helper III
Helper III

Save report into My worspace

I have created a report using a data set on Power Bi services in a "DEV" workspace,. I want to save that report under "My workspace " not in "DEV". Is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ethanhunt123 ,

You have a fewoptions if you are not using the desktop.  You can start your report in the My Workspace using the dataset in the the Dev Workspace (assuming permissions are letting you do that).  Or, you can copy the dataset from that workspace to yours and then start the report.  Or, you could copy the report to the other workspace.  And, I am assuming that you are using the new workspace and not the classic workspace.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Ethanhunt123,

If you direct create a new report to get dat from another workspace, it is impossible to publish it to other workspace.
I'd like to suggest you download the pbix file and modify and publish it to your workspace.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ethanhunt123 ,

If you are signed into Power BI Desktop with the same userid that you are signed into the Service then this is not a problem.  When you select "Publish" in Desktop, select "My Workspace" instead of "Dev".

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@collinq  I am creating a report from dataset within services and when I hit save option it will save that within that workspace only. I want to save that in "my workspace".

I am not using desktop anywhere

Hi @Ethanhunt123 ,

You have a fewoptions if you are not using the desktop.  You can start your report in the My Workspace using the dataset in the the Dev Workspace (assuming permissions are letting you do that).  Or, you can copy the dataset from that workspace to yours and then start the report.  Or, you could copy the report to the other workspace.  And, I am assuming that you are using the new workspace and not the classic workspace.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors