Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cairmor
Helper I
Helper I

Savable / Repeatable Filter choices in PowerBI Service

I am looking for an option in Microsoft or in 3rd party tools to solve the following:
We are a premium service shop and have most Azure tools in place.

I want to run a report for a single customer using a shared dataset.
Howerver, I will configure this version of the report by Hiding certain pages, using PBI Filters, adding specific Paginated Content with the new Paginated Content visual (June 2021).
This report might have 20-75 pages of information.
I will finish this report by exporting to PDF.  I have to produce PDF's due to government compliance rules.

I will have Hundreds of Customers, each with slightly different versions of this report and I need to save my customization so I can run the report next quarter with refreshed data, but I dont want to re-do all my configurations.

PowerBI the service doesnt seem like a great tool by itself to produce mutlipage PDF's, unless im missing something.  Anyone know of a possible solution?

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @cairmor 

I would suggest using Paginated Reports and NOT using the Paginated visual. By using Paginated reports you can then export the data as required.

With regards to having it export different options I would look to see if there are any APIs that could do this for you?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks for your response.  I am ok using the Paginated Reports visualization as it is intended to attach Paginated Reports into a pbix file.

I would like to focus on my Title question:
Does anyone know of a solution to capture all filter choices, including Hidden Pages and save that configuration 100's of times with different scenarios, and export the configurations to PDF on demand.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors