Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sankey chart visualizaion issue

Hi all, I am trying to get a Sequential visualization forming kind of a path where there are source and destination nodes(a kind of replica as Google Analytics's Behavioral Flow). Hence I used Sankey Chart to visualize but after certain number of rows of data(around 10000) the sequence in the Sankey Chart is appearing wrong.Please help to solve the problem and I would be happy to receive any suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I am trying to get a Sequential visualization forming kind of a path where there are source and destination nodes(a kind of replica as Google Analytics's Behavioral Flow). Hence I used Sankey Chart to visualize but after certain number of rows of data(around 10000) the sequence in the Sankey Chart is appearing wrong.Please help to solve the problem and I would be happy to receive any suggestions.
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I cannot reproduce your issue. Please give me more details such as screenshoots of the result actual and what the result should be.

Best Regards,

Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Icey 

Please find the chart when the number of rows in the data is less (around 2000 rows), where first column is not having any URLs but when the datapoints are  more,around 12000( previous 2000 rows+ additional 10000 rows) then URLs are occurring in the first column,which is not expected as per the data.

Diagram with less datapointsDiagram with less datapointsDiagram with more datapointsDiagram with more datapoints

But if I visualize only those 10000 rows of data, then also the visualization is coming correct as follows. 

10K data10K data

Hence, as I can see there is no issue in the data, but while populating it into the Power BI visualization, this issue occurs

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is too strange, so far I can't find any possible solutions.

If you have Power BI Pro license, I suggest you create a support ticket to get further help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors