Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nick2358
Helper III
Helper III

Salesforce dataset won't refresh - key didn't match any rows in the table

Good afternoon everyone,

I started getting datasets from Salesforce into Power BI.

Everything works fine and I can refresh in the desktop.

However in the Power BI service it won't refresh and says "The key didnt' match any rows in the table". 

I know what the error means but everything is fine in the desktop and I'm stuck.

Did this happen to anyone before?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nick2358 ,

As the blog said, It seems that you are trying to connect to a table or worksheet or something in your data source that has been deleted or been renamed

And from this thread, someone also experienced this kind of error when he did some Piovit/Unpiovit column operations in the Power query and published the report to service to refresh the data.

In addition, this error can also be cause by permissions issues. One possible explanation for this error is that the credentials used in the scheduled refresh do not have access to all the tables.If they are different you will need to double check the permissions or talk to your DBA about this.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nick2358 ,

As the blog said, It seems that you are trying to connect to a table or worksheet or something in your data source that has been deleted or been renamed

And from this thread, someone also experienced this kind of error when he did some Piovit/Unpiovit column operations in the Power query and published the report to service to refresh the data.

In addition, this error can also be cause by permissions issues. One possible explanation for this error is that the credentials used in the scheduled refresh do not have access to all the tables.If they are different you will need to double check the permissions or talk to your DBA about this.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-eqin-msft,

Thanks for your message, I checked everything you mentionned and thanks to the permissions part I realized one of my source was "login_salesforce.com" and the problem was coming from this.

I changed it to "organisationname_salesforce.com" and it's now working.

Thanks again,

Nick

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

has it ever worked? 

sorry not sure about the issue, but in the short term maybe deleting the dataset completely and republishing it will fix it, have you tried?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @vanessafvg,

Yes I tried and it didn't work ... I get the same issue.

I tried adding another Salesforce dataset to another dashboard and the problem is the same.

Thanks,

Hi @Nick2358 I know this reply is very late, but were you able to find a solution? I've used the Salesforce connector but I had some issues when refreshing my data into PBI service too. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics (which doesn't have PBI as a destination, so you first have to export to Google Sheets and then export to PBI) and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors