Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jgardner03
Regular Visitor

Salesforce Reports Broken when Grouped

As far as I can tell there is no support in Service for grouping by date so as an attempted workaround I created a summary report in Salesforce (technically we use a force.com CRM) that had such grouping. I created a new dataset that imported the regular report and the grouped report and while all the fields are available on the regular report as expected, the only fields available on the grouped report are "Record Count" and "Sale: Net On" the latter of which is the date field used to create the groups in the Salesforce report.

What additional information can I provide you to help troubleshoot this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jgardner03,

When we use SalesForce content pack to get data in service, only dataset is imported. You can create the tabular format report in SalesForce, after importing data, you can use the Matrix visual and place date field in Row groups property to present data.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't think I was clear enough in my initial post. I want to group sales by week, month, year in a dynamic form -- WTD, MTD, YTD. Unfortunately it doesn't seem a matrix report allows that kind of grouping. Is that the case or am I doing something wrong?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors