Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Report Connectors

Hello, can anyone explain or route me to how the 'Salesforce Reports' & 'Salesforce Objectsconnectors work behind the scenes when the report is published to service and being interacted with. I couldn't find enough information over the web on this topic.

Scenario: I have a report using the 'Salesforce Objects' connection - The desktop report refresh is pretty quick and the service refresh takes 10 mins lo complete but when I navigte with in the report in service by choosing any slicer or changing the date range the visuals take around 15-20 seconds to load. If power bi imports the data for salesforce connections and the schedule refresh is set to every 4 hours then why is it taking time to load the visuals in service.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Basically, the connector calls the Salesforce API. But the connector isn't the cause in your scenario. Since it isn't a Direct Query connection, the reports consume the data stored in the Service. For instance, the report loads the data in the Service rather than retrieving from Salesforce when you select options in the Sclier. 

1. Do you have any complicated measures?

2. Does the report run fastly in the Desktop?

3. How about now? Maybe a temporary issue.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Do you have any complicated measures? No

2. Does the report run fastly in the Desktop? No

3. How about now? Maybe a temporary issue. Still happens

Thanks for the response Dale, is it just storing the data in the service or data with relations ? Are the relations built on the fly ?

The issue I had is.. first of all I am not using any complex measures, there are all doing simple counts.

I have 3 visuals on the report:  

2 table grids, 1 of them using 2 tables and other from a single table and both run fine. 

There is a matrix visual which is using objects from 4 different tables and the join conditions are on an alphanumeric columns, which is causing the issues, it also throws an out of memory error in the service but shows data on the desktop copy.

I have my colleague who worked on a similar report type in his previous org and never had any issues. We are kind of thinking it may be due to the salesforce configuration itself, in the meantime I am using the salesforce report connector and had my salesforce team build a report for me with desired fields and it works great. I'll post here if we could debug this issue but please throw any ideas/suggestions/information you guys have.

Thank you!

Hi @Anonymous,

What's the size of your dataset?

Do you mean "the join conditions" is the relationship? 

Can you share some snapshots? At least how the dataset looks like and the Matrix you created.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors