Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArtBelch
Frequent Visitor

Salesforce Relationships (or measures) Dissapear after Refresh in PBI Service

Hi.

I have a setup in Power BI Service (online) where I am pulling data from OneDrive by pointing to a .pbix file in a OneDrive group folder. The connection itself is working fine, and I am perfectly able to refresh my data set. However, when I refresh it, it seems to delete some of my relationships, but not all of them. At least, this is my conlcusion, as it only is data (measures) which are calculated from relationships, that dissapears (they default to zero or blank). 

I want to underline, that this does not happen when I am refreshing data in Power Bi Desktop, but only when I am refreshing in Power BI Service (online). Also, the issue only apply to some data, that is, some of my measures; I have other measures build from the same data-model (but different tables), which are working perfectly fine after online refresh. 

Again, I determine the problem to be related to that of relationships. Do you have any other suggestions, or explanations, which can help me in my quest to narrow down the problem?

Last note: First time data is loaded in, everything is fine with no issues; it is first when I refresh the data manually that the issue occurs. Also, I haven't tested whether scheduled autorefresh give rise to the same issue. 

Please help!

/Peace

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Could you solve this issue? I have same problem, and I think problem is Salesforce Datasource.

thanks !

I am horrible at checking forums. I need to get better at it. 

Answer: Yes. I put a ticket in with Microsoft Premier. The engineers were able to discover where packets were getting dropped when called via Salesforce API.

My larger issue now is that scheduling individually isn't possible when Salesforce data has been merged with on-prem data in query editor. I took this issue up with Adam Wilson when I was at the Summit (2017). I was told to make the model more "enterprise". The reality is that in order to make it enterprise worthy, it must be combined with on-prem data to give the full picture. Salesforce is part of the portfolio; the on-prem is the remaining aspect of the portfolio. 

Long story short, we should be able to call individual connections for refresh even though they might be wired up with other datasets in the Query Editor side of it. 

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ArtBelch,

In your PBIX file, which type of data source are you using?

I have tested it on my local environment, I use SQL Server database as the data source, and upload pbix file to onedrive folder, then connect to it on Power BI Services, we can not reproduce this issue.

In your scenario, please provide us more information, so that we can try to reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Charlie,

I am currently having this same issue. As of 11/14/2016, the Power BI pulls in data from Salesforce Measure Line Items. Within the Desktop client, the model refreshes without an issue.

Once published/loaded to the Power BI Cloud area, I set up my credentials in the refresh schedule area. If I manually perform a Refresh Now, the refresh is succussful pulling in data. However, when I let the schedule run, the refresh robs the model of values even though the refresh is successful. Again, a manual refresh now fetches the newest data - the auto refresh schedule refreshes successfully but removes any/all data from the tables.

We will also be contacting our Salesforce rep. However, we believe this is an interaction problem between Power BI calling the Salesforce data.

Is it possible to escalate this issue?

Joe Katon

Duke Energy

Hi @v-caliao-msft

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Salesforce as the data source. 

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors