Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Refresh

Ok, so around the end of July, Microsoft had some kind of hiccup and people using Salesforce as a data source in their reports could no longer auto refresh from the service. They fixed it temporarily, then the same thing happened around mid August. Reports that I've built and were on an auto refresh schedule of 2X a day have not recovered since then. 2 of my reports I'm able to refresh from the desktop and upload fine to the service, but one report doesn't refresh at all anymore even from the desktop. The tables that won't load properly are indeed Salesforce tables.

So pretty much since the first time Microsoft reported an issue with Salesforce at the end of July, NONE of my Salesforce reports have worked properly refreshing from the service. I've had to refresh manually every single day for all reports, and now one of my reports won't even do that. Microsoft support has been everything but helpful. Has anyone out there experienced the same thing? How did you fix it? I know sooner or later the managers here are going to be questioning why they aren't getting updated data and the only answer I have is "I don't know, it was working perfectly fine for months then Microsoft had an issue and it hasn't been working since".

I haven't changed anything at all in the report anywhere, it just no longer seems to want to deal with Salesforce. I built the report months ago and set up the refresh schedule and haven't touched it. Microsoft's screw up is interferring with my work. The last time this particular dashboard updated on it's own was 8/1 and I haven't been able to manually refresh for about 3 weeks:

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-danhe-msft I'm still monitoring it at the moment, but I got in contact with my Salesforce admin and he "changed some settings" and I was able to refresh again and also enable auto refresh from the PBI service. All my reports are back on their schedules. I still do not understand what the exact cause was, but I was informed by Microsoft support it had something to do with the OAuth2 authentication method. After the August 2018 update is when my reports stopped working, so something in that update had some kind of impact on Salesforce. This was the error message reported from Microsoft:

1.PNG

So the only thing I did was inform my Salesforce admin that some other users resloved the issue by changing around some security settings within Salesforce and after he did that everything started working again. I was not told exactly what the changes were.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-danhe-msft I'm still monitoring it at the moment, but I got in contact with my Salesforce admin and he "changed some settings" and I was able to refresh again and also enable auto refresh from the PBI service. All my reports are back on their schedules. I still do not understand what the exact cause was, but I was informed by Microsoft support it had something to do with the OAuth2 authentication method. After the August 2018 update is when my reports stopped working, so something in that update had some kind of impact on Salesforce. This was the error message reported from Microsoft:

1.PNG

So the only thing I did was inform my Salesforce admin that some other users resloved the issue by changing around some security settings within Salesforce and after he did that everything started working again. I was not told exactly what the changes were.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so around the end of July, Microsoft had some kind of hiccup and people using Salesforce as a data source in their reports could no longer auto refresh from the service. They fixed it temporarily, then the same thing happened around mid August. Reports that I've built and were on an auto refresh schedule of 2X a day have not recovered since then. 2 of my reports I'm able to refresh from the desktop and upload fine to the service, but one report doesn't refresh at all anymore even from the desktop. The tables that won't load properly are indeed Salesforce tables.

So pretty much since the first time Microsoft reported an issue with Salesforce at the end of July, NONE of my Salesforce reports have worked properly refreshing from the service. I've had to refresh manually every single day for all reports, and now one of my reports won't even do that. Microsoft support has been everything but helpful. Has anyone out there experienced the same thing? How did you fix it? I know sooner or later the managers here are going to be questioning why they aren't getting updated data and the only answer I have is "I don't know, it was working perfectly fine for months then Microsoft had an issue and it hasn't been working since".

I haven't changed anything at all in the report anywhere, it just no longer seems to want to deal with Salesforce. I built the report months ago and set up the refresh schedule and haven't touched it. Microsoft's screw up is interferring with my work. The last time this particular dashboard updated on it's own was 8/1 and I haven't been able to manually refresh for about 3 weeks:

1.PNG

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, the problem about 'schedule refresh of Salesforce' is a known issue and it was solved a few days ago. I suggest you to reset the datasource and test the refresh again, if the problem still persists, could you please share the detail information in the 'Refresh history'?

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-danhe-msft How do I reset a data source?

Hi @Anonymous, 

You could refer to below link to set a schedule refresh of Salesforce.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Salesforce-Refresh/td-p/120864

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors