Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

heder
Frequent Visitor

SSRS (Paginated Report) to Azure Analysis Services not supported?

Hi!

We are trying to use SSRS/Paginated Reports to access a tabular model in an Azure Analysis Instance, but are hitting some problems. (The report does not work and the data source can not be edited). The report (that works in the SSRS designer) uploads correctly without errors though.

I understand SSRS/PR functionality is in preview, and I was in contact with PBI support that stated that Azure Analysis Services (AAS) is not yet supported with SSRS/PR, but connecting to an on-prem SSAS (via gateway) is.

Is this correct? If so, when can we expect AAS support?

BR

//Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi Thomas,

You are correct that this scenario of Paginated Reports in Power BI Service connecting directlyt to AAS is not currently supported.

Team is working on adding this support and we plan to have this scenario working in next few months. Cannot commit to a date as it is work in progress.

Hth,

Rohit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi Thomas,

You are correct that this scenario of Paginated Reports in Power BI Service connecting directlyt to AAS is not currently supported.

Team is working on adding this support and we plan to have this scenario working in next few months. Cannot commit to a date as it is work in progress.

Hth,

Rohit

nirvana_moksh
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Anonymous - I am pretty sure you can connect to AAS, there is a PBI connector for it as well.

aas.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors