Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Algonos
Frequent Visitor

SSAS datasets occasionally missing tables on Service

My company has an SSAS Tabular model on Analysis server 2017 v1400 with a lot of data (about 70GB compressed).
All big tables of the SSAS tabular model are partitioned, with partition of the current day refreshed by an SSIS package every a few minutes.
We have on premises gateway (on separate machine from analysis server with latest gateway update 3000.5.178 ) that users use to publiish data from Power BI desktop (SSAS live connection) to the PBI service. 
In general everything was working very well. But lately we noticed on several reports of PBI service, that the datasets are occasionally missing tables. After a manual dataset refresh the tables of SASS schema appear again on the service.
As a result, the reports aren't available and give error of missing table / column until the dataset is refreshed. 
The on premises Gateway has deticated machine with 8-core CPU with 8GB of ram and according to our resource monitoring there are sufficient resources.
We have changed the automatic refersh on all reports to weekly in an attempt to reduce the load on gateway but problem still exists.
The problem never occures on Power BI desktop, we have only noticed it on PBI service.
Is there a certain data capacity limit that the service can handle? (We are aware of the 10GB limitations per table, but the problem also occurs also on small tables with aggregated values)

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Algonos 

According to my knowledge, there should be no limitation for it.  Has this happened before? and for your case, I would suggest you create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further and accurate help. 

Best Regards,

lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Algonos
Frequent Visitor

I should also note that we are using Power BI Pro licenses for sharing on Service (no premium account)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors