Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SSAS MD Cube with Translations

Hi Guys,

I have a Dashboard that use SSAS MD as data source using live connection via enterprise Gateway. On our cube, we have captions in English with translation in French and German.

With Power BI Desktop the translation is working, for that I have to change the default Language of Windows and PowerBI Desktop.

When I deploy to PowerBI.com the Report is displayed with the language used during the deployment. But if I refresh the report using the button or by changing the selection the langue is always back to French!! (which is not the default language of my cube!!)

Does anyone have encountered the same issue?

How did you handle the multi-language with SSAS?

Thanks for your help !

11 REPLIES 11
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@salafred

I reproduced your issue. I imported SSAS cube with French translation (Default is English). 

Capture11.PNG

When I deploy it onto power bi service first time, it's still displayed in French.

Capture555.PNG

Once I click "Refresh", it changes back to English again.

Capture44.PNG

We will report this issue internally.

Regards,

Simon Hou

Hi

What is the status for this issue???

I know is a big issue for large enterprise companies, know of severel that is looking for alternatives to Power BI because of this!!!

Look forward to a quick fix!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-sihou-msft

Thanks for your reply. Keep us posted!

Regards,

Hi @v-sihou-msft Is it working now or should I not use translations when building my cube?

Did you get any answer? We have the same problem with English - Spanish translations

No answers so far. Can you open a feature request? It has been over a year since multidimensional support was added and still no translations.

Any updates?

Folks, do we have any update on this? If I broswe the cube (SSAS Tabular- Azure Analysis Services) through SSMS, the translation works, but POWER BI live connection doesn't allow to set the default langugae. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

exactly same issue here: it's not possible to use translations, neither when published to PowerBI.com nor when published to Power BI Report server, see also here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/SSAS-MD-Cube-with-Translations/td-p/373816

This is a really BIG BUG which affects in special big enterpises, i really wonder that it is still not fixed after years 😞

our customer need this feature too..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently, PowerBI Service shows always English captions even there are translations in other languages.

This is happening when connecting Live on Multidimensional Model on Analysis Services even with Localized Analysis Database and Localized Cube in another default language.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors