Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL + Excel Different refresh timing

Hi,

I have created a power bi dashboard (premium) for finance population with SQL + excel.

The challenge is that the SQL server that pulling all the financial data wasn’t live. Hence we have setup another excel saved in sharepoint that allow user to input their comment or adjustment numbers to finalize their month end closing review with stakeholder within 3 calendar days.

The sql server has a relationship with excel file so the comments + adjustment will work by different country under a region.

We wanted to know that how can we have partial refresh when the excel comments or adjustment being input because we can’t interrupt the sql server refreshing, it has another power apps to push the refresh every 4 hours.

Is there any source that we need to change in order to allow us to partial refresh when the comments/adjustment is ready in excel file?

Oh ya, this is very critical as 10 person will be using this dashboard to review with their stakeholder within 3 calendar day. The idea was since sql server refresh 4 hours, then we input this excel to kinda make it post adjustment to reflect whatever number not posted or findings during reviews and finalize the numbers.

Regards,
Chuan
3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can upload your excel file to sharepoint and use web connector to get data from share link. After these steps and publish report to power bi service side, this excel file will handle with onedrive refresh mode.

Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop

Data refresh in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, the data is already in sharepoint. It will back to the schedule refresh hence i don't think this is a solution to me. 

2019-07-04_15-47-54.png

Regards,

Chuan Lai

HI @Anonymous ,

As I said, you can't apply multiple refresh schedules on same report dataset. You can consider to use different refresh types to achieve multiple refresh plans.(schedule refresh, one drive refresh, connect directly refresh...)
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors