Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

taiyun
Frequent Visitor

SLOW Power BI Online Dashboard

My organization is experiencing really really slow performance when dashboards is published to the web. On the desktop version, it is running fine. I m using directquery. My datasets are huge, there are join queries and one or 2 of the tables have more than 23 million rows.

I have already reduced to the columns i needed. I cannot use import as it is over 1024 mb when publishing. My data resides on Azure Data Warehouse.

My data warehouse right now is using default number of DWUs. I want to know if increasing DWUs will help with directquery.

The speed is so bad that i am getting 'X' white boxes for my graphs saying that there are not enough resources to load the graphs.

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @taiyun,

It seems the issue about Power BI service itself. I would suggest you create a support ticket to contact Microsoft for dedicated support.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Performance is very poor in direct query. you can check again by increasing DWU. 

Thank you for your response.

May I have someone from microsoft to also verify this?

Since i would need to pay for additional DWUs, i need to have a confirmation that it WILL give me a better runtime when i load my dashboards online.

taiyun
Frequent Visitor

Actually, I am pretty sure increasing DWUs will not help now. Since my on-premise server could access the data, hosted on zure DWH, fast enough for the dashboards on desktop version. It only becomes a tortise when published. I am suspecting it is a latency issue, communication between Power BI to our Azure DWH, which is hosted in SEAA. 

Anyone from microsoft can verify this? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors