cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akahn Member

SEVERE Lag when using slicers

PowerBI online always gets really slow in the afternoon. Also, since the last update, it's been SUPER slow all the time.

It make PowerBI bascially un-useable, which really sucks for a large company with hundreds of users.

I've resorted to opening up the desktop file and manually refreshing my reports. Unfortunately, my users don't have that capability and they are just stuck waiting for data.

20 REPLIES 20
v-haibl-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: SEVERE Lag when using slicers

@Akahn

I’ve reported the performance issue you encountered internally to see if it is a real site issue. I’ll update here once I get any feedback.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song Established Member
Established Member

@Akahn, do you still get the issue now? I tried but failed to reproduce the same issue on my side. What is your time zone? 

Highlighted
Akahn Member

@Vicky_Song

We have extreme lag issues almost every workday between 2-5 PM EST

Severe lag occurs for all users and the dashboards become useless for hours at a time. I think it's probably high Microsoft server load, but whatever the cause it's really horrible. We get a continuous stream of complaints from our many users, all of which have pro licenses.

dsutt519 Member

@Akahn - thanks for your post. I work for a billion dollar company and this is happening to me too all the time! I hope it gets fixed soon!!!

Scott_W Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Just adding our voice to the list of those affected.  @150 Pro users unable to use the service here.  Problems have been sporadic in the past but the last week or so has been really bad.  I'd estimate about a 10-15% uptime/useability for our company over the last 7-10 days.  

rrietz New Member

We are also experiencing severe lag.  We have a weekly meeting on Wednesday mornings from 9:30am and 9:45am CST and have been unable to use the slicers during our meeting (make the meeting a waste of time).  I would really like some feedback on a timetable to address so that we can put an alternate solution in place if necessary.

dsutt519 Member

Exactly. We would be having meetings with lots of users each week trying to use PBI. This needs to be fixed!!

dsutt519 Member

Would be nice if Microsoft made this work or had a Pro++ which would work. Very frustrating Smiley Sad

Vicky_Song Established Member
Established Member

@all, thanks all for providing here the details. I already tried to involve other senior engineers helping this issue. I will post back once I got any updates. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 94 members 1,484 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: