Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP HANA Connection Error

Hi, I am getting this error while refreshing the report from the gateway and the source is SAP HANA.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] Communication link failure;-10709 Connection failed (RTE:[89006] System call 'recv' failed, rc=10060:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SapHana"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"vhpbiph1db.hec.pb.com:30215"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.OdbcErrors","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"SQLState\", \"NativeError\", \"Message\"}, {})"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Billing Doc.

I do not get this error always it's just some days I get this error out of nowhere and another day the report refreshes perfectly fine, I have seen some post mentioning the same error but did not get any clear resolution. Can someone guide me from where can I start troubleshooting this?

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, it seems that the report connected to SAP HANA can be refreshed successfully before. Have you changed the report and the settings of data source recently? Please try to update the version of gateway to the latest one. Also, please review the solutions in the similar threads below to check whether they can help you solve the problem.

Enterprise gateway "cannot connect to the mashup data source"

DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError

Best Regards
Rena
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors