Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP BW DirectQuery URL Parameters

Has anyone successfully sent URL parameters to SAP BW DirectQuery reports?

In the following example,

1. The The filter is added to the Report-Level Filters, but the attribute is not being filtered.

2. "Aug" is a correct member Name.

3. I've also attempted to send the member Key and UniqueName and using the Technical names, to no avail.

Example filter sent with the URL:

.....?filter=Posting_x0020_period/Posting_x0020_period_x0020_Level_x0020_01 eq 'Aug'

Resulting filter added:

BW Problem.PNG

Thanks!

Nathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai  - 

Thanks for your help. I've realized the issue is different that what I'd thought. I posted an issue here.

Thanks,

Nathan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

From the first link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters#filter-on-multiple-fields, we know the dynamic URL filter have the structure : URL?filter=Table/Field eq 'value' , and it is different for reports in apps, you need to add " &'ctid=ctid " in the end, that will be

the structure: URL?filter=Table/Field eq 'value' &'ctid=ctid .

Special characters and spaces require some additional formatting. When your query contains spaces, dashes, or other non-ASCII characters, prefix those special characters with an escape code starting with an underscore and an X (_x), then the four-digit Unicode, then another underscore. If the Unicode is fewer than four characters, you need to pad it with zeroes. See more detail: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters#special-characters-in-url-filters.

Identifier

Unicode

Coding for Power BI

Table Name

Space is 0x20

Table_x0020_Name

Column@Number

@ is 0x40

Column_x0040_Number

[Column]

[ is 0x0058 ] is 0x0050

x0058_Column_x0050

Column+Plus

+ is 0x2B

Column_x002B_Plus

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai  - 

Thanks for your help. I've realized the issue is different that what I'd thought. I posted an issue here.

Thanks,

Nathan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai ,

Thanks for your reply. This report is not in an App yet. Here is the filter - does anything look wrong with it?:

?filter=Posting_x0020_period/Posting_x0020_period_x0020_Level_x0020_01 eq 'Aug'

The weird thing is that the field gets added, but it does not filter to August ('Aug'). I've verified that Aug doesn't have any addiional hidden characters. 

Thanks,

Nathan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors