Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rows are lost between dataflows

Hello,

I have created two dataflows (A and B) with the folowing structure:

Data in Sharepoint -> Dataflow A -> Dataflow B

I have one column in Dataflow A which sum, right before going to be ingested by Dataflow B, is 103863.

When I go to Dataflow B, right after the ingestion, the sum of the same value is 89912.

When the flow A ends, the values is of the type Decimal number.

I also counted the values and apparently values are lost from the Dataflow A to Dataflow B.

I also tried to connect power BI Desktop to both dataflows and there both give the same value (the value from Dataflow B): 89912.

What could be wrong here? Is there any known issue in the connection between flows?

Adding images with the Count Rows.

Data Flow A

Dataflow A.jpg

Dataflow B 

Dataflow B.jpg

And when I connect both flows to power BI, instead of having as a sum the value 103863, I get the value from Dataflow B for both flows:

Dataflows PBIX.jpg

Recently notived also that the values in Data Flow B are different each time I refresh the data flow A. Can it be somehow related to admin configurations? 😕

Thanks for your help,

Pedro

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

Not   clear what happened. I have not encountered a similar problem

Please  refer to this thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Data-lost-between-Power-Query-and-Power-BI/m-p/747666 

Is it caused by similar reasons?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-easonf-msft , I just editted the post with some images, hope it is clear now.

It is not the issue you mentioned into that thread...

Thanks for your attention

Hi , @Anonymous 

Sorry I can't fix it on my side currently, please kindly raise it to the support team t investigate this issue.Once you create a support ticket and get any workaround, please kindly share it here for reference. Thanks a lot.
Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors