Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marcin
Helper V
Helper V

Row-level-security members limit

Hi,

Is there any limitation regarding to number of role members in row level secutiry ? 

I need to add 550 users and with one role a can't add more than 200. I tried to replicate roles and add more users into those roles but I looks that there is a limit per dataset.

Marcin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-yuta-msft ,

thank you for reponse, I also didn't find any information about this limitation. 

But finally that the casue of the problem was that I few users from this 550 list are not working in our organization, so when I removed them from list the issue disappeared. It was my guess about this casue. 

It wolud be good and helpful when Power BI will publish any error instead not allowing to save the list wihtout any error notification. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Marcin ,

From this documentation, I haven't found any limitation about role numbers in a report. Is there any error message on your side which shows we can't add mode than 200 roles in a report? In addtion, to be general, if this issue is really caused by the limitation, you may create security groups which contain similar user account in O365 admin portal and add the security group email to the role so that the number of roles will be reduced.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuta-msft ,

thank you for reponse, I also didn't find any information about this limitation. 

But finally that the casue of the problem was that I few users from this 550 list are not working in our organization, so when I removed them from list the issue disappeared. It was my guess about this casue. 

It wolud be good and helpful when Power BI will publish any error instead not allowing to save the list wihtout any error notification. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors