Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

laikittmun
Frequent Visitor

Row level security is not working in Analyze in Excel

Hi,

I have a dataset that with RLS Roles and rules defined at the Power BI desktop and publish to the service. After that I have assign users/groups to the Roles that available in the datasets. The RLS is working when users run the report against the dataset. However, the RLS is not working then do Analyze in Excel for that dataset. Could anyone advise which part I should fix to make this working. 

The users that I tested with the Analyze in Excel are Contributor and Viewer. The workspaces are in premium capacity. 

7 REPLIES 7
S_Kjeldsen
Regular Visitor

Same issue here, is there anything new on this issue?

tombrox

Watching... I have the same problem. Okay i PBI Service - not in Excel. User is Viewer on workspace.

laikittmun
Frequent Visitor

For my understanding, the RLS should work in the Analyze in Excel for VIewer. But it is not right now!  Could anyone advise which part that I should look into to figure out where went wrong ?

Hi, @laikittmun 

Yes , the RLS should work in both report and Analyze in Excel for Viewer. 

If RLS works on PowerBI Service, it should also work when do Analyze in Excel for that dataset. 

Please recheck the account you used for tested with the Analyze in Excel.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Check your data model. Make sure there are no arrows pointing to the RLS table.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

RLS does not work for Contributor roles. Only test with viewers.

But for Viewer , the RLS should work in both report and Analyze in Excel right ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors