Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DJ1977
Helper I
Helper I

Row level security hierarchy

Hello.
A question about row security. Until now, I have used dynamic row security with organization hierarchy. I have followed the recipe for Radacad with Path, described here: https://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-organizational-hierarchy-power-bi

I now have a twist that I wonder if anyone has a good answer to, or tip where I can see.
I have a hierarchy of regions - districts and sales rep. There are 5 regions, and under each region there are 3 districts. Each district has 5 sales reps.
Is there a way I can configure this so that regional leaders can see totals for the other regions and districts, but not data for sales reps other than those under their own districts?
The district leaders should see totals for the districts in the same region, but not sales people in districts other than their own. Salespeople should see themselves and colleagues in their district.
Would greatly appreciated if someone answered me or tipped me to articles that can give me a solution to this.

Nice greetings
DJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You cannot do that with regular RLS.  You will need to consider creating a duplicate of your data model, with only aggregates or anonymized information. At that point it becomes a silly game and you will likely be better off to create a separate app for that purpose.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You cannot do that with regular RLS.  You will need to consider creating a duplicate of your data model, with only aggregates or anonymized information. At that point it becomes a silly game and you will likely be better off to create a separate app for that purpose.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors