Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Wouter
Resolver I
Resolver I

Row-level security for cloud models - No Security Button

Sec_button.png

Anyone else missing the security button - Working from the Neteherlands.

Thanks.

Wouter

10 REPLIES 10
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hello Folks. For more info on how RLS works in Power BI, please find the webinar link below which we have conducted few days back. Hope this will be helpful !

Setting your language to english in the powerbi service enviroment will show the security button. Works as a workarround

Tishchenko
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

From Ukraine - same problem with "Security" button (Russian/cyrillic) In English interface - Security button appears 😉

Security.png

Ah thanks, a missing "Security" button in Russian that appears in English is definitely a bug. I will file a bug with the feature team, thanks for the detailed information about the issue.

Wouter: Is this the same issue you are seeing? I would like to know if we need to be tracking multiple issues here or if you are both encountering the same problem.

Hi @orionlee,

i´ve the same issue in german, there is no security button;-((

Thanks for the info @Skypander, we will ensure that our fix will address all languages.

Check...same issue.

How do you activate these row level security options?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is in the Dataset section on the left hand side.  Hover your mouse over a dataset and then click on the "...".  You should see Security there.

Here is the full documentation:  Remember, it is just in PREVIEW mode. 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-rls/

orionlee
Employee
Employee

Hi Wouter,

How did you create your cloud model?

If you upload a pbix file to the server for the cloud model it should work, if it doesn't please let us know.

cheers,

- Orion

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors