Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emma313823
Helper IV
Helper IV

Row-Level security and upgrading to pro - visuals now not displaying

Hi All

I just upgraded to the Pro version to get the row-level security features.  I created my roles in the desktop app and published.  There are some users that will have full access to the visuals of the dataset, so no security has been placed on them.  The issue I have is that I tried to release to a user who will have full access and visuals will not display.  

From the service I selected the group and added the members who would have access to see all the visuals.  

BI Group Settings.jpg

First it forced them to a accept a trial of the pro version also, which I was surprised at since they are only looking at the visuals and not editing in any way. Second, after getting to the dashboard no visuals are displaying.  The users are in the group based on the previous screenshot and this user has no restrictions - so should be able to see the entire dashboard.

Visuals issue in BI.jpg

I appreciate anyones thoughts on how to resolve this.

Also - if I click on the 'see details' of one of the visuals which is not displaying - I get this...and do not know how to interpret so i can fix the issue.

could not load visuals.jpg

Emma

Emma
2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @emma313823,

Firstly, Power BI Group and Row Level Security(RLS) are pro content, users you add to the Group should have pro license as other post.

Secondly, from your description, the group members are not able to see reports in the dashboard.  Based on my test, the issue is caused by that after you add users to Power BI Group, you do not add these users as members of the defined  RLS role in Power BI Service. Please add the users to be member of defined RLS role following the instructions in the article below, this way, they can view the visual without issues. In addition, please note that group members that have edit permission can view the visual because RLS roles will be applied to read-only group members.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-rls/

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

The issue may be that they need a Pro license to view Pro content.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors