cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AntonioPalomas Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Row Level Security "Test as role" in web browser no longer showing "view as _____

It was not good to remove this functionality. It was a useful feature.

Smiley Sad

ToddChitt Member

Re: Row Level Security "Test as role" in web browser no longer showing "view as _____

Now that RLS is in the Desktop, how does one specify what ROLE a user gets assigned to in a Dataset? There used to be an optiion on the Dataset called ROLES where by you were given access to the Roles you defined in the model (via Power BI Desktop). All that is there now is a SECURITY option that tells me that RLS is moved to the Desktop.

How do I assign Users to Roles in Power BI web service?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Tadder Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Looks like this is fixed now Smiley Happy

skocheta Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Is this working for everyone ?

I am able to View Reports as different Roles, but as soon as I move to Any Dashboard, The Blue bar disappears.

jnelken88 New Member

Hi, I am not finding any information on the Power BI Support site link you provided.  Is there a timeline when the Test As Role functionality will be restored?

Thanks,

Josh

Super User
Super User

Hi there,

It is working for me. When going into settings, then security and click on the three dots... Next to the role name

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

"Proud to be a Datanaut!"

Power BI Blog
tmendoza Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

What is taking so long?

Super User
Super User

Hi @tmendoza 

It is still there and certainly working as shown below.image.png

Power BI Blog
tmendoza Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@GilbertQ 

So, couple of things.

1) That looks like the PBI workspace manager, not a report server.

2) In the report server, there is no linkage to manage datasets.

Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you are using Power BI Report Server I am not 100% sure how test for Row Level Security.

Power BI report server works very differently to the Power BI Service. I would suggest starting a new thread where you mention it is in Power BI Report Server.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Summit Australia 2019

Summit Australia 2019

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

Top Ideas
Users Online
Currently online: 176 members 2,571 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: