Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AaronS

Row Level Security quality of life improvements

There needs to be 1 of either of these two things implemented:

1) some kind of import / export in the desktop and service where I can copy roles from one dataset to another and not have to input users one at a time per dataset in the service.

2) the ability to copy and paste multiple names/emails into the service input field when addding users to roles.

this one at a time thing is horrendous.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AaronS Is there a reason you aren't using AD security groups?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@AaronS Is there a reason you aren't using AD security groups?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I'll give it a go,

But there are situations where I would want people to have limited access in some cases and more access in other cases and several groups for each situation would be just has much of an issue.

having the ability to export and/or at least input more than one name at a time in the web portal would make a huge difference.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors