Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BishwaR
Helper V
Helper V

Row Level Security message

I have implemented a row level security in my model and it is working fine.

But ,is it possible to display a message like "Sorry you do not have the priviledge to view this report" when someone who is not authorized to see this report try to view the report ?

Thanks

Bishwa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BishwaR ,

If you have configured rls for report A and user A has permission to access the report, but the RLS configuration does not have the corresponding access data for A, then user A opens report A and the entire report is displayed, but the data is not displayed in the report.
If user A does not have access to the report at all, then user A opens the report through the link and the following is displayed.

v-luwang-msft_0-1621587672974.png

Wish it is helpful for you !

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Bishwar,

Can you please respond to my Question and please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

raghu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bishwar,

Can yo please look at the below issue and plz provide your valuable inputs.

We have implemented Dynamic Row Level Security in our report and published in app services but whenever the user is accessing the report ,he is able to see the entire data and not the restricted one which we have created as RLS in our report.

The user can only see his data(restricted data) by applying security at the dataset.

Do we  have any option to implements RLS for the user without applying security at the dataset in power bi service ?

Thanks,

raghu

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BishwaR ,

If you have configured rls for report A and user A has permission to access the report, but the RLS configuration does not have the corresponding access data for A, then user A opens report A and the entire report is displayed, but the data is not displayed in the report.
If user A does not have access to the report at all, then user A opens the report through the link and the following is displayed.

v-luwang-msft_0-1621587672974.png

Wish it is helpful for you !

Best Regards

Lucien

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Yeah there is no way currently

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

BishwaR
Helper V
Helper V

Thank you for your feedback. I tried to use the textbox for the message  but there is no parameter to trigger it  when the security is activated.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @BishwaR 

Currently this is not possible.

You can view look for an idea here https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors