Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sellwood_CPM
Frequent Visitor

Row Level Security - Member changes not saving

When I am trying to add new members to RLS on a premium workspace when I click the save button I just get a wheel of dots and it never saves

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

im having this issue again

I'm currently having this issue too

JakeTetra
Frequent Visitor

Hi is this still an issue for you? As I still have the same issue when trying to add members to RLS? Thank you

Hi, I still have same error. I opened a ticket a couple days ago and then they said it will be resolved first week of april. 

Thank you for taking the time to reply 🙂

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is March. 2021-03-07

Thanks, have updated my post. Was reading it in UK date format 🙂

Kasander
Regular Visitor

Problem still persists after 20.02.2021 update. 

We had to implement the workaround by getting our site admin to remove premium capacity from workspace and then set it back as we couldn't wait for the Feb fix, which doesn't seem to have worked.

Latest update on the issue can be found at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

It now says March for resolution:

Power BI customers with premium capacities using Row Level Security may experience issues while adding external guest users (AAD B2B) to roles with the message, "The Role could not be updated. Please try again later". As a workaround, users can move their workspace to Shared, add the external guest user, then move it back to the capacity. Engineers have identified the issue and a fix is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 03/07/2021

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Currently there is an issue with premium capacities using Row Level Security. You may try the suggested workaround below. Support | Microsoft Power BI

012102.jpg

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

Hi, do you know when this will be resolved as I still have the same issue? Thank you

Hi, is there an ETA for when this will be fixed as earlier in the week it advised a fix would be in place by COP on 19.01.2021 and it still persists

Many thanks

Sorry there is no estimited fix time for this issue currently. We will keep tracking its status. Thanks for your understanding and patience. I believe it will be fixed soon. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

More of the usual then? No one knows why it's not working and vague promises it might be fixed 

Latest update on Power BI support page is:

Power BI customers with premium capacities using Row Level Security may experience issues while adding external guest users (AAD B2B) to roles with the message, "The Role could not be updated. Please try again later". As a workaround, users can move their workspace to Shared, add the external guest user, then move it back to the capacity. Engineers have identified the issue and a fix is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 02/20/2021

Thanks for this update. Currently you can try the suggested workaround. Go to workspace settings > Premium > Premium capacity and move the workspace.

012503.jpg

I take it this would require Admin access to the workspace to make this change? If it is switched off from premium and then back on does this affect any data gateways that might have been setup in the workspace? Also would existing links shared with external users still be valid?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any update from the Engineers, are they still planning on patching this bug on 20/02/2021? 

MikePBI
Regular Visitor

We are having the same issue, also in a Premium workspace. When we try add a user to RLS the spinner runs for ages and then errors out. We have been using RLS for years.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

you do that on the dataset's security settings?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors