Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

M_J_Farrow
Advocate II
Advocate II

Rolling out Power BI

Hi,

I work in a large business (55,000+). I'm in a particular sector of this business (around 800 people). I am currently looking into whether the wider business already is making use of Power BI and has an existing premium account as a way of rolling out Power BI to my part of the business.

Presuming this is not the case, I would like advice about the most cost effective way of rolling out Power BI. Currently we have around 5 content creators and will probably have 30-50 content users (read only). My undestanding is that all content creators and users will require Power BI Pro. However, is it possible, for instance, to embedd a report in a web page as a mode of sharing. Alternitavley, is there a way to get a read only subscription (I don't see anything on the website). It may prove difficult to create a business case that requires a bottom heavy user base to pay a monthly subscription to view reports from only a few content creators.

Thanks,

Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @M_J_Farrow

If it is for a lot of people (1000+), I recommend you to use this tool : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/calculator/

If it is for 50 persons only, it will more easy to pay for license only for people who will create and then embed your report on a website for the one who wants to read it. But be carefull, it mean that anyone with the link will be able to read it.

- Quentin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @M_J_Farrow

If it is for a lot of people (1000+), I recommend you to use this tool : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/calculator/

If it is for 50 persons only, it will more easy to pay for license only for people who will create and then embed your report on a website for the one who wants to read it. But be carefull, it mean that anyone with the link will be able to read it.

- Quentin

Thanks Quentin. Would it be possible to embed on an intranet webpage?

@M_J_Farrow

Yes it is possible, but from the moment that you choose to publish the report to web, the report is public. 

You can embedd it anywhere you want (application / private web site / intranet) but If a random user have the link to the report, he will be able to see it and share to anyone. 

That's the major problem.

Else I think there is something called PowerBI report server, and maybe it's more safe. (But as I don't use it I can't tell you more about it)

- Quentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors