Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schwinnen
Helper V
Helper V

Role for all users in my organization

Is it possible to set up a role that would give anyone with an email address containing '@blahblahblah.com' access to view reports in Power BI service?

Right now we have embedded and we use RLS to restrict access to these embedded reports.  This RLS also restricts access to internal viewers in Power BI Service.  If I assign someone as a Viewer, they will get an error stating that the visual contains restricted data when trying to access one of these reports with RLS.  I can create a new role with no filters and assign users to it individually, but I would prefer to just create something that says that anyone with an email address containing @myorganization.com can just view the report.  

Anyone know if this is possible?

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @schwinnen ,

You could create a new account and set it a viewer role. Then the users who sign in the account will view all of the report content. The account is equivalent to a new user. That you set role for it is the same as set roles for others now.  However, if you want the users to view your report, why you set the RLS to them? Do you add a group into Security which they are in?  If so, you could create a new group which only contains the restricted users.

3.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors