Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

isamchakur
Frequent Visitor

Revert to default colors after publishing

Hey there!

I am using the PowerBI line chart and the graph colors are reverting to the default colors after publishing. Also, when I try to change the colors in the online version it doesn't save the colors and return to the default ones. 

I tried changing the visual and the bug is only for the line chart! Unfortunatelly, only the PBI Default line chart has the funcionalities I need. Has someone experienced that bug? Is there a solution?

Thanks a lot!!

6 REPLIES 6
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @isamchakur ,

I can't reproduce your problem after tested. Which type of Power BI Desktop (app from Microsoft store or download installation packagebe installed in your PC? What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? Could you please provide some screen shots to present the color of line chart display in your Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service? And explain what you did. Thank you.

Line chart in Power BI DesktopLine chart in Power BI DesktopLine chart in Power BI ServiceLine chart in Power BI Service

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am using the latest version of PowerBI (April 2020) and used the categorical option for axis X. I've tried switching for the continuous type and the problem doesn't occurs, te bug is only for the categorical.

Hi @isamchakur ,

I tested with latest version of Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.82.5858.641 64-bit ), the data color of line chart (X axis type: Categorical)display as the one which I custom set in Power BI Desktop after published it to Power BI Service. 

Power BI DesktopPower BI DesktopPower BI ServicePower BI Service

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, I have faced the same issue and all the line charts in all my reports are affected. I found out that this problem appears only when X axis is set to Categorical, while with Continuous everything works well. But it does not help because I need Categorical type. What can be done, please advise! 

Thanks anyway for the observation, it worked with the Continuous axis, even tough I'd rather prefer the Categorical also rs 

Trunkschan31

I don't have a solution but I want this to get more attention. 

I am having the same problem as you are and it seems to be a bug with the latest update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors