Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

samihuq
Helper III
Helper III

Revert Back from Pro Content to Normal Content

Hi,

I loaded one dataset, made a few reports and dashboards and shared with users. Everything was running fine untill i tried the Pro Trial. Now my user are not able to load the reports and they are being advised to upgrade to Pro Trial Which i am currently trying to avoid.

So, i was thinking of rolling back. Is there a way to make my Content Un Pro or make my account normal again so that regular user can start using it again?

Thanks,
Sami

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@samihuq If you deselect Schedule Refresh ( no auto refresh ) you should be able to share it with free users. Also there is a small caveat that if you are using the Pro account even without pro features and you enable Schedule Refresh it won't be shared with free users.

Konstantinos Ioannou

View solution in original post

The product team have a fix for the Scheduled Refresh issue. For dashboards connected to datasets where there is only a once-a-day scheduled refresh, free users should be able to see the dashboard without requiring a Pro license or trial. We will communicate this update once it is available.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@samihuq First, make sure you aren't using any "Pro" features in the dashboard you are sharing to the "free" users. My understanding is that there should be no issue sharing between account levels. The caveat is that if you use ANY Pro feature in the making of the dashboard - then the users you are sharing with have to have "Pro".

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Dear @Seth_C_Bauer,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The only Pro Feature that i have used was the Personal Gateway for refreshing. In that case is there a way to revert back to normal? i mean how do i detach the personal gateway refresh from my dashboard? 

Thanks,
Sami

@samihuq If you deselect Schedule Refresh ( no auto refresh ) you should be able to share it with free users. Also there is a small caveat that if you are using the Pro account even without pro features and you enable Schedule Refresh it won't be shared with free users.

Konstantinos Ioannou

The product team have a fix for the Scheduled Refresh issue. For dashboards connected to datasets where there is only a once-a-day scheduled refresh, free users should be able to see the dashboard without requiring a Pro license or trial. We will communicate this update once it is available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors