Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andiob

Retreive Push Url

I'm creating pushStreaming dataset using the API but i'm still required manually go to the website portal and retreive the URL to push data. Is it possible somehow to retreive or calculate the push url for a given dataset?

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andiob,

You can write an interface to get the url string from specific site, then add get url method before you send data streaming dataset api.

After these steps, you only need to maintenance your interface to confirm it return the correct url string.

Reference link:

Interfaces in C# (For Beginners)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I'm not getting your suggeston entirely... maybe i've explained myself i'll try to describe again my problem:

My need is to automate the creation of a good number of datasets that shares the same structure. I can easly do that by leveraging the create dataset API which gives me back the ID of the created dataset but after that i'm still requeired to open the the powerbi web application and manually retreive the pushURL of each dataset if i wish to use that to push data to those datasets.

I would like to know whether is possible to get that URL programmatically.

Best regards

Andrea

Hi @andiob,

Perhaps you can refer to below documents which mentioned how to push data to those datasets.

Add Rows

Push data into a Power BI dataset

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, i'm aware of the APIs to populate the datasets but this require me to register a new application and provide to the "cliente" application secret/credentials while with the URL i only need to recover that information and embed the URL. I guess i will keep doing that manually i suppose 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors