Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reticulate Error Power BI Services (Custom R Visualizations)

I have created a working report in Power BI Desktop and I am trying to publish it to Power BI Services. Within custom R visualizations I have made, I have used reticulate and I am having trouble accessing python on Power BI Services. For my visualizations, I receive the following error:

Error in initialize_python(required_module, use_environment) : Installation of Python not found, Python bindings not loaded.

I have also tried using the conda environment 'r-reticulate' and received the following error then:

Error: Unable to find conda binary. Is Anaconda installed?

I am confused why reticulate is not successfully binding to python since reticulate appears to be a supported package in Power BI. Is there anyway I can successfully bind my R code to python so that I can use reticulate in Power BI Services?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone wondering I was not able to find a way to access Python through reticulate on Power BI Services. Instead I rewrote all my Python code in R when I had everything that I wanted finalized.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check whether the path local installation of R is C:\Program Files\R\R-3.5.3.  ( Options and settings > Options > R Scripting.)

Re1.jpg

And you also check the limitations of R through this article.

Please refer the following two post, hope them help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/R-Visual-Rcpp-package-error/td-p/471272

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Error-when-connecting-python-to-PBI/td-p/593716

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, we suggest you to open a ticket here for help: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Let engineers solve this issue from your perspective.

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone wondering I was not able to find a way to access Python through reticulate on Power BI Services. Instead I rewrote all my Python code in R when I had everything that I wanted finalized.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors