Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vugarhumbatov

Retail Analysis Data sample- How to embed pictures in your data?

I have checked the source data in power pivot for example of Retail Analysis. For creating sales personnel based analysis, I have seen pictures in dashboard. When I go to power pivot to see how the picture was imported to the data, I see binary data written in related column. Do you have any idea how the pictures are imported like binary data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vugarhumbatov,

Binary data columns are currently not supported in Power BI Desktop, and the Binary data will be removed from the resulting table.

The idea for supporting Binary data columns has been shared on Power BI Ideas. You can vote it up and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

Currently, images can be displayed in tables by giving us a pointer to the image through a URL. In a column in Power Pivot or Power BI Desktop, list out all the image URLs. For more details about this, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vugarhumbatov,

Binary data columns are currently not supported in Power BI Desktop, and the Binary data will be removed from the resulting table.

The idea for supporting Binary data columns has been shared on Power BI Ideas. You can vote it up and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

Currently, images can be displayed in tables by giving us a pointer to the image through a URL. In a column in Power Pivot or Power BI Desktop, list out all the image URLs. For more details about this, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft.Thank you very much for your comments. I found out how to bring flags to my power views thanks to article. Now, I want to create number of participants in region basis. Here  I want to use flags as a kind of slicer (e.g once I touch the flag of a country, I can see whole information with regards to female and male participant of specific country.) How can I make flags as a slicer function in my table? Do you have any idea about this? 

PS.If you need more clarification about the data, I can upload to the cloud for detail undetrstanding.

Hi @vugarhumbatov,

Currently, it is not possible to use value in a Table visual as Slicer. You can vote the idea here to make this feature coming sooner.

According to your description, it seems that the custom visual Chiclet Slicer on Power BI Visual Gallery could meet your requirements. Could you go to check if it works in your scenario?Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors