Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

skocheta
Advocate I
Advocate I

Restrict access to Reports and Dashboards in Power BI

I am working on a scenario where I consume Data from Dynamics 365 and some other web sources to generate visual reports in Power BI. I have RLS enabled with a set of Roles and users assigned to those roles.

The Dashboards that I create, are specific to individual Roles but are based on Same Data Source (Filtered via RLS).

These Dashboards are then Integrated into Dynamics 365.

My issue is:

• A User can move to Power BI (Via "Open in Power BI" button)
  • Once user is in Power BI, he is able to see all reports, and dashboards (although filtered to his access via RLS)
  • All users only have view access so they can't access the Dataset

Is there a way via which users get access to only selected Dashboards and Reports and we can hide the other reports/dashboards from Left pane just like it happens for Data Set.

PS: We are using Power BI Premium and Workspace are assigned premium capacity. All the users who are added to RLS, automatically get added to Workspace and that's probably Why they are able to see all content.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi skocheta,

So your requirement is make people only see contents they can see, right? Dynamic RLS can meet your requirement, for more details, see this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Dynamic-Row-Level-Security-Tips-to-get-it-w...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hardik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors