Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cabell
Advocate I
Advocate I

Restrict 'Publish to Web' Functionality to specific AAD group/s

As far as I can see the current 'publish to web' has a blunt 'on' or 'off' type controll. Is there any way to control this to an AAD group? (eg Autherised publishers) I have also noticed that if you turn it on to publish content then turn it off again so unautherised publishing can't occur, your published items seem to no longer work.

6 REPLIES 6
cabell
Advocate I
Advocate I

@AdamWilsoncharles stirling of MS has closed my idea on this one, but with no detail. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/18999148-enable-specific-security...

AS far as I can see, this feature hasn't changed. Is there a way to contact Charles to get some clarification as posting to the idea has not worked.

@cabell, we've started working on this now.  Sorry, we should have marked it as "started" not "completed".  We'll update again when it's ready for you to use.

AdamWilson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You are correct.  It isn't possible to restrict publish to web to specific users or groups like you can with other admin controls in Power BI.  We plan on adding this capability in the next few months.

Adam

That's good news, I eagerly await. It really is something which should already be in place, most large organisations wouldn't tolerate "all" staff begging able to publish.

Hi,

I jump on this question because it seems like the Publish to Web functionnality has been deleted. Is it correct ?

Best regards

Olivier

It may have been turned off by your Power BI portal admin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors