Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BallyKahlon
Advocate III
Advocate III

Restrict Export to PDF or PowerPoint on an indivdual Report/App

I know we can disable this on a tenant level, but is it possible to restrict this functionality on an individual report or app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BallyKahlon 

I think you want to restrict export to PDF or PowerPoint on an indivdual Report.

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.

We can only set this option in tenant setting for all reports. If we enable this function, all users in our organization can export the reports to PDF or PowerPoint though they are only a viewer in workspace.
You can vote up this idea for this function:Granular restriction of any exporting of sensitive reports

Or you can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BallyKahlon 

I think you want to restrict export to PDF or PowerPoint on an indivdual Report.

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.

We can only set this option in tenant setting for all reports. If we enable this function, all users in our organization can export the reports to PDF or PowerPoint though they are only a viewer in workspace.
You can vote up this idea for this function:Granular restriction of any exporting of sensitive reports

Or you can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @BallyKahlon ,

You are correct that you can disable/enable this at tenant level.  If you share a report with an individual at "Viewer" level and they do NOT have the build permission they should not have the Export Data option.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thanks.  While this prevents export to CSV, it does not prevent export to PDF/PPT.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors