Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Restoring Previous Dashboard Versions

Good Afternoon,

We have a couple of workspaces for different departmental teams within our company. Users have the ability to go in, view, download, republish etc. One thing that was brought up by a user that I cannot seem to answer is: "Like in SharePoint, can you restore previously published versions of the dashboard?".

Essentially, the idea behind it was a user goes in an makes a change he thought was good but manager level and above do not like the change. Rather than go in and manually set everything back to how it was, is there some type of option to like publish from a list of most recents? Or something like that? Or is it on the user to essentially archieve their own pbix files on their desktop which would then allow them to re-publish that way?

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution and welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here. 

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

To the best of my knowledge, there is no version control like what you have in SharePoint. And, it sounds like you are concerned about reports in PBIX files, not true Power BI dashboards, which are a different thing which also do not have version control.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors