Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nick123
Frequent Visitor

Rest API working in Desktop but when published online it is returning Error 405

Hey,

I set up a API datasource in Power BI desktop. The whole model is working fine. Once I publish the report, there seems to be an error 405 when accessing the API datasources. No idea how to fix this. 

Failed to update data source credentials: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://[not disclosed]' (405): Method Not AllowedHide details

Activity ID:bcdc579a-8442-4022-9173-8e77eb6ffb1f
Request ID:2a3e9e61-609c-ea03-db1a-e198a01781a7
Status code:400
Time:Mon Feb 04 2019 10:41:25 GMT+0100 (Midden-Europese standaardtijd)
Version:13.0.8234.157
Cluster URI:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

The data source is basically a function to call an API several times (because I can only call for a period of max 30days.

This is the function:

let function = (startdate as text, enddate as text) => let
Login = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://[not disclosed]", [Headers=[#"Content-Type"="application/x-www-form-urlencoded", Accept="application/json"], Content=Text.ToBinary("username=-----&password=------&market=BE")])),
sessionId = Login[sessionId],
body = "{
""from"": """& startdate &""",
""to"": """& enddate &""",
""events"": [],
""venues"": [],
""admin"": [],
""promoter"": []
}",
Source=Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://[not disclosed]", [Headers=[#"sessionId"=sessionId, #"marketcode"="BE", Accept="application/json",#"Content-Type"="application/json"], Content=Text.ToBinary(body)])),
transactions = Source[transactions],
#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(transactions, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
#"Expanded Column1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Column1", {"firstName", "lastName", "middleName", "email1", "email2", "phone1", "phone2", "phone3", "phone4", "address1", "address2", "zipCode", "city", "country", "customerNumber", "preferredLang", "company", "department", "gdprFlags", "eventId", "eventCode", "eventDate", "eventTime", "eventTitle", "venueId", "venue", "promoter", "administrator", "keywords", "level", "section", "row", "seatNumber", "price", "priceCategory", "priceType", "trxHeaderCode", "transactionDate", "transactionTime", "orderNumber", "orderNote", "status", "outletCode", "outletName", "cameFromCode"}, {"Column1.firstName", "Column1.lastName", "Column1.middleName", "Column1.email1", "Column1.email2", "Column1.phone1", "Column1.phone2", "Column1.phone3", "Column1.phone4", "Column1.address1", "Column1.address2", "Column1.zipCode", "Column1.city", "Column1.country", "Column1.customerNumber", "Column1.preferredLang", "Column1.company", "Column1.department", "Column1.gdprFlags", "Column1.eventId", "Column1.eventCode", "Column1.eventDate", "Column1.eventTime", "Column1.eventTitle", "Column1.venueId", "Column1.venue", "Column1.promoter", "Column1.administrator", "Column1.keywords", "Column1.level", "Column1.section", "Column1.row", "Column1.seatNumber", "Column1.price", "Column1.priceCategory", "Column1.priceType", "Column1.trxHeaderCode", "Column1.transactionDate", "Column1.transactionTime", "Column1.orderNumber", "Column1.orderNote", "Column1.status", "Column1.outletCode", "Column1.outletName", "Column1.cameFromCode"}),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Expanded Column1",{{"Column1.firstName", "firstName"}, {"Column1.lastName", "lastName"}, {"Column1.middleName", "middleName"}, {"Column1.email1", "email1"}, {"Column1.email2", "email2"}, {"Column1.phone1", "phone1"}, {"Column1.phone2", "phone2"}, {"Column1.phone3", "phone3"}, {"Column1.phone4", "phone4"}, {"Column1.address1", "address1"}, {"Column1.address2", "address2"}, {"Column1.zipCode", "zipCode"}, {"Column1.city", "city"}, {"Column1.country", "country"}, {"Column1.customerNumber", "customerNumber"}, {"Column1.preferredLang", "preferredLang"}, {"Column1.company", "company"}, {"Column1.department", "department"}, {"Column1.gdprFlags", "gdprFlags"}, {"Column1.eventId", "eventId"}, {"Column1.eventCode", "eventCode"}, {"Column1.eventDate", "eventDate"}, {"Column1.eventTime", "eventTime"}, {"Column1.eventTitle", "eventTitle"}, {"Column1.venueId", "venueId"}, {"Column1.venue", "venue"}, {"Column1.administrator", "administrator"}, {"Column1.keywords", "keywords"}, {"Column1.promoter", "promoter"}, {"Column1.level", "level"}, {"Column1.section", "section"}, {"Column1.row", "row"}, {"Column1.seatNumber", "seatNumber"}, {"Column1.price", "price"}, {"Column1.priceCategory", "priceCategory"}, {"Column1.trxHeaderCode", "trxHeaderCode"}, {"Column1.transactionDate", "transactionDate"}, {"Column1.transactionTime", "transactionTime"}, {"Column1.orderNumber", "orderNumber"}, {"Column1.orderNote", "orderNote"}, {"Column1.status", "status"}, {"Column1.outletCode", "outletCode"}, {"Column1.outletName", "outletName"}, {"Column1.cameFromCode", "cameFromCode"}})
in
#"Renamed Columns"
in
function

image.png

9 REPLIES 9
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Nick123,

I would suggest you check if the data source supports the anonymous authentication. Because I found the error message from the log database says the credential type isn't supported. Please refer to the details below.

>>> We were unable to connect because this credential type isn't supported for this resource. Please choose another credential type.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for checking. What I don't understand: in PowerBI desktop it's working fine with anonymous credentials (see below). Once it's published, it doesn't.

InkedUntitled_LI_Moment.jpg

Hi,

Can anyone help me out on this. I urgently need to get this working, but found no solution yet.

Thanks

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Was the solution found?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exact same problem. hope a solution is around the corner

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Are you using anonymous authentication?  If so, did you set your data source credentials as anonymous?

Also, the root of the URL must support anonymous authentication as well

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The username and password are passed through the first API call (in my code, the line starting with "Login="), so I'm using anonymous authentication... which works fine in Power Bi Desktop, but once it's published, I get this error 405... 

In your screenshot above, where it says "Edit credentials", you need to specify Anonymous, if you haven't done so already, and you need to ensure that the root of the URL supports anonymous authentication

This is because the power bi service will attempt to authentication the data sources, and if the root of the URL doesn't support anonymous authentication, then you will see the errors above

I already selected “anonymous”, yet no solution...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors