Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sla5ha
Frequent Visitor

Reshare Permissions on Power BI Service

Hi there Power BI Community. 

I am a little bambozzled by an issue we're experiencing around reshare in Power BI workspaces. My collegue is an Admin of the workspace and created the report that points to an on prem dataset that is governed by a gateway. However, he cannot see the "share" report options. He can however edit the report and grant permissions on the dataset. 

Is there something I am missing? 

Thanks,
Sasha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sla5ha ,

You may try another network (E.g. if you use Power BI from the office network, then access Power BI from non-office Wifi.) , or you may clear the cache from the browser, then log the Power BI with a reset Password. In addition, you may try other browsers, like Edge, Google ,,, etc.

Reference:

"Share" option is missing in the reports in PBI service

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sla5ha ,

You may try another network (E.g. if you use Power BI from the office network, then access Power BI from non-office Wifi.) , or you may clear the cache from the browser, then log the Power BI with a reset Password. In addition, you may try other browsers, like Edge, Google ,,, etc.

Reference:

"Share" option is missing in the reports in PBI service

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks, this seemed to have worked. 

Hi,

Thanks for this, 

I'll ask him to try and clear the cache, but it's not just him experiencing this issue. Reset password is not an option as it's linked to SSO. 

As a rule of thumb, if a user has admin or member on a given workspace and reshare permissions on a dataset (if it's in another workspace), they should be able to reshare content? Are there any other settings that need to be applied? 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is this on Premium?  Do not ever allow users to reshare. It is an evil feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors